Welcome to the Supplmental Educational Services
Supplemental Educational Services (SES) are free tutoring opportunities in
addition to the instruction that occurs during the regular school day. These
services take place outside of the school day either before school, after school, or on weekends. Any Title I campus in Stages 2-5 of mandated improvement must offer Supplemental Educational Services (SES) to all students from low-income families.
All costs for SES are paid for by the district. If the number of students requesting SES exceeds the amount of money a campus has available for SES, the district and/or campus must give priority to the lowest-achieving students from low-income families and should establish a fair and equitable criteria for identifying these students.
Which provider can parents choose?
Parents may select any provider from the state-approved list as long as the provider is able to provide services in or near the area served by the district/campus. This includes providers that use e-learning, online or distance learning to tutor. Please visit the providers page to see detailed information.
Which Schools are Eligible for the SES program at Mission CISD?
Kenneth White Jr. High School
Steps to Securing SES for your child
- Contact the school principal or Mary Aleman ,Title I Specialist, 956-323-5376 to find out if your child's school has to offer SES and if your child qualifies for services. Schools have to offer SES if they have been identified as being in Stage 2 or higher of Title I School Improvement.
- Contact the school principal or Mary Aleman.,Title I Specialist, 956-323-5376 to obtain the necessary form to sign up your child for SES.
- Research providers and choose an SES provider for your child.
- Complete and turn in the necessary form for requesting SES services.
- Mission CISD does not have a due date, so you can request services at any time during the year.