Mission CISD has been leading the way in college and career readiness in Western Hidalgo County for many years. Plus, we offer children an education and enrichment that no area charter school or private school can match. We are introducing new options for elementary education in the Mission area. Each of our schools has been named among the "Healthiest Schools in America" by the Alliance for a Healthier Generation. Our Mission Collegiate High School has been named one of the best high schools in the country by U.S. News and World Report. Escobar/Rios Elementary School has also been named a 2019 Blue Ribbon School by the U.S. Department of Education.
More parents than ever are choosing Mission CISD schools, including many who live in other school districts. Interested? Come check out our schools and apply for a free, out-of-district transfer.
It all begins in our elementary schools…
- Full-day Pre-K3 is offered at ALL our elementary schools regardless of income or language
- Full-day Pre-K4 is offered at all our elementary schools regardless of income or language
- Dual Language program that can lead to high school credit in 5th grade
- Truly individualized instruction
- Area leader in elementary robotics programs
- Computer Science and Coding
- Expanding Fine Arts programs like choir, band, drama, and dance
- Enrichment programs that have competed internationally
- After-school care and programs
- Free breakfast and lunch, with free suppers also offered during after school programs
- Academies of choice:
- Alton Elementary School (Leader in Me)
- Cavazos Elementary Health Science Academy
- Escobar/Rios Elementary Project Based Learning Academy
- Leal Elementary School of Technology and Engineering
- Pearson Elementary Sports/Health Academy
- Salinas Elementary Fine Arts Academy
- Waitz Elementary Media and Communications Academy
Our Junior High Schools
- Students can begin to earn high school credit while taking advantage of expanding technology integration and fine arts programs
- Area leaders in Robotics, Computer Science, and Coding
- Programs that have led to students competing at the national level in Science and Technology
- Athletics programs are designed to focus on both personal development and team concepts
- Math and Science programs often compete at the state level and beyond
- Students also receive free breakfast and lunch, with free suppers offered during after school programs.
- Specialized academies of choice:
- K. White Jr. High School STEAM Academy (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, Math)
- R. Cantu Jr. High School STEAM and World Language Academy
- Take student learning and opportunities to the next level and allow for the individualize pursuit of college and/or career readiness
- We offer more opportunities for college credit and professional certifications that lead directly to some of the best paying careers in the area
- Over 2,300 professional certifications were earned by Mission CISD high school students and over 13,000 college hours earned through our partnership with South Texas College
- Mission Collegiate High School and Veterans Memorial High School have been named among the Best High Schools in America by U.S. News and World Report
- Students can, and do, earn Associates Degrees at all three high schools
- Students regularly advance to compete at the state and national levels in the areas of Fine Arts, Career-Tech, and Robotics
- Students also receive free breakfast and lunch, with free suppers offered during after school programs
Mission High School
Boasts two unique programs among their area leading academic programs. The Mission Eagle T-STEM Academy allows students to pursue a variety of pathways focusing on Computer Science, Engineering, and Health Sciences. The Mission Career-Tech Early College High School program is the only career-tech focused early college high school program in Western Hidalgo County and allows students to pursue: Welding Technology, Teaching, Criminal Justice, Business Management, and Precision Manufacturing.
Mission Collegiate High School
Combines a unique environment with a rigorous high school and college blended curriculum which is designed to inspire students to achieve their full potential. Students can graduate with not only their Associate’s Degree from South Texas College before their high school commencement, but leave knowing they can confidently enter any university prepared for to pursue their academic and professional dreams. A Health Science Academy has also started at MCHS as a part of its early college program.
Veterans Memorial High School
Is home to not only some of the best instructional programs around, but one of Mission CISD’s newest Early College High School programs. The Patriot Early College High School at VMHS allows students to pursue Associate’s Degrees in Engineering, Architecture-Engineering Design-Technology, Business Administration, or Criminal Justice.
We serve almost 16,000 students in the City of Mission and the neighboring communities of Alton, Palmhurst, and McAllen. The district employs about 2,300 people. We have three high schools, four junior high schools (grades 6-8), 14 elementary schools (grades PK-5), an alternative school to serve students considered to be at-risk, and a non-traditional high school program (Career Academy at Options) to give qualifying students a second chance at completing their requirements for a high school diploma while pursuing career certifications.