Concern Resolution Process

The Mission CISD believes in providing the utmost professional service to our stakeholders.  However, there is always room for improvement.  With this in mind, there may be concerns that need to be addressed accordingly, be it the informal or formal process.   
Concerns may be addressed through the informal process.  The informal process includes bringing the concern or complaint to the individual who can address the matter immediately and offer a resolution.  Usually, student or parent complaints or concerns can be addressed informally by a phone call or a conference with the teacher, Principal, or departmental director. 
Questions and Answers 

Q: What do I do if my child struggles in a teacher’s class? 
A: Schedule a conference with the teacher.  You may also contact the teacher via email or by phone, but an in-person visit is always recommended. 

Q: What do I do if my child comes home and says other students may be bullying him/her? 
A: Contact the school’s Assistant Principal.

Q: What do I do if my child receives detention or any other disciplinary action? 
A: Contact the Assistant Principal who assigned the disciplinary action.  The assigning Assistant Principal will always send home written notification and attempt to contact you by leaving a message.  Always make sure that the campus has up-to-date contact numbers. 

Q: What do I do after meeting with faculty and/or staff when I do not feel my concern has been resolved or addressed appropriately?
A: Request a conference with the Campus Principal.

Q: What do I do if, after meeting with the Principal, I feel my concern still needs to be resolved?
A. Contact Student Services for assistance.